We are the largest school based examination conducted by a student fraternity all over India
What is Technothlon?
Technothlon is an international school championship organized by the student fraternity of IIT Guwahati. Technothlon began in 2004 in a small room with an aim to "Inspire Young Minds" . Starting on our journey with a participation of 200 students confined to the city of Guwahati, over the past 15 years we have expanded our reach to over 400 cities all over India and various centers abroad. Now Technothlon spans its wings in 30+ countries internationally. Technothlon is not just an exam but it is an enthralling journey on the path of logic which will test your logical and creative thinking to its limit. The championship is organized over 2 rounds:
What makes our paper so special?
No prerequisites are required for the exam i.e. you don't need to go through any special preparation for this exam. The exam aims for developing critical thinking and analytical skills among students. In our knowledge it is one of the only exams where you have to enjoy and solve the questions in a group. According to us, the beauty of the creative and analytical process involved in solving a puzzle can be enjoyed best while discussing your thought process with someone else*.
1. Prelims: is a written preliminary examination that takes place in numerous schools all over India in July. It involves no prerequisites or general knowledge, and students have to rely on their logical and analytical thinking skills alone. The question paper is generally of 2 and ½ hours in length and will have various sections like math, puzzles, code crunchers, and more. The two team members are given a common question paper, which they can discuss amongst themselves and attempt together.
However, this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Prelims will be held in an online mode, and students will participate individually.
2. Mains: is an event-based competition, conducted during Techniche, the Techno-Management Festival of IIT Guwahati. The top 50 teams from each squad compete against each other in challenging events designed to test their innovation, creativity, and imagination. These events do not require any prerequisite knowledge and, any extra knowledge required is taught to the students by us. The winners of Technothlon are crowned based on their performance in these events. In addition to this, students are also free to attend the numerous competitions, lectures, workshops, and music performances of Techniche.
(Exam Strucure changed as Exam is being Held online Due to COVID-19 Pandemic )
Students participate individually. There are two squads:
1. Juniors-Squad: Students of classes 9th and 10th
2. Hauts Squad Students of classes 11th and 12th
The members can be from same class or different class. For example: a team consisting of one member from class 9 and other from class 10 is perfectly acceptable for Junior squad. The basic requirements for team formation are they should consist exactly two members from the same squad and the same institution.
Modes of Registration
There are 2 modes of registration - Online and Offline. The interested students can register themselves for the examination online or offline.
1. Offline - Technothlon is conducted over various cities and centers with the help of city representatives. The city representatives are responsible to collect the registrations offline. Participating schools can collect the registration fees themselves and then prepare a demand draft to be handed over to the city representatives.
2. Online - You can register online too! Online registration portal is now active!
Registration is free for students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya(JNVs) or for Kendriya Vidyalaya(KVs) across the nation and overseas but for Technothlon'20 the registration is not free for KV/JNV students. Please register online by paying the fee.